Monday, November 12, 2007

Welcome to the Wilcox Family Blogosphere !!!!

This last Friday, many of the Wilcox clan joined together to celebrate the 100th birthday of Lottie Doering, the mother of Hazel Wilcox. Many of you came from long distances to share this wonderful evening with our family and we want you to know how much we appreciate having your company this last weekend. We all had so much fun together and it was so good to spend time catching up with each other. We especially appreciate all the help that we received the night of the party. We couldn't have done it without you !!! We all got together at Dick and Hazel's on Saturday night to put a bigger dent in the left-over cake by adding ice cream !!! Courtesy of Uncle Dick's numerous trips to the store to get more ice cream !!! During the evening, I broached the subject of starting a family web site and that's what I have been doing this afternoon. This is actually a blog spot where everyone in the family will be able to post and share news and information about themselves, their children and what is going on in their lives. You will also be able to post pictures of your family, your kids, important events and momentous occasions !!! In the next few days I will be posting pictures from Lottie's birthday party. I am also going to send out an email to everyone that I have an address for and if there are blanks, well I am hoping that all of you can fill me in.

Linda was been sending me tons of emails today so that I can catch up on all the news. Most of you probably don't know that Dick and Hazel are severely technically challenged. They don't have a computer !!! So unless someone calls them and they remember to tell their children, we have NO idea what's happening with the rest of the family. However - we want all of you to know that Dick and Hazel's children do have computers and know how to use them and are now going to reverse direction and keep their parents in the loop - rather than the other way around !!! Look for lots of information in the coming days as we ramp up our efforts to stay connected in a world in which we are all much too busy. May we all keep each other in our prayers and thoughts and remember to count our blessings each and every day !!!

3 comments:

Goodale Family said...

Thanks for setting this up, Lydia - awesome!!! I'm sorry my family and I could not be at the party last weekend, as I'm in the midst of a 13-day PacRim road show, stopping through Korea, Japan, and Australia. We'll be sure to catch her 110th!!! :-)

Lydia Faulkner said...

John - thanks so much for linking in your family's blog. You may be the only one that has one, but maybe it will inspire others to do so as well. I am just learning how to do this - so this is a really fun adventure. I got to meet Wayne this weekend and I am very happy for Barbara!!!

The Wilcox Family said...

Thank you Lydia! This is great and we plan to check here regularly for family news! Here is our family blog link that you can add to a side bar on this blog if desired: http://wilcox5.blogspot.com.