Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Update on Uncle Dick and Family

I wanted to let everyone know that my dad got out of the hospital late yesterday afternoon. He is home, still has a catheter and hopefully he will get that taken out in about another week. Yesterday was hard for mom, dad and Lottie because their little dog Lacey had to be put to sleep in the morning. Lacey had cancer and had been suffering for a long time. It was clear that she was in a lot of pain. Everyone is very sad, especially Lottie because she has lost her daytime companion. We went to visit last night to see how everyone was doing. Grandma was alone because mom and dad were getting prescriptions filled at the pharmacy. I asked grandma about turning on the TV for her and about some books on tape for Christmas. She told me that none of that is the same as talking to a live person. So, during December, if any of you have a free moment and can give Lottie a call, I know that she would really appreciate the contact. You might have to remind her who you are, but I know that it would mean a lot to her. I sure would like to hear how everyone is doing this Christmas. Keep the family up to date by posting to the web site. If you don't know how, well email me and I'll walk you through the process !!! Much love to you all.

Lydia

1 comment:

Goodale Family said...

Thanks for the update, Lydia. We appreciate it. How sad to lose a dog - I know my family would be greatly saddened if we lost our "Shadow." He's a little 80-pound Husky. We really love him!