Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Touhcing Tribute to Our Beloved Prophet

I know that most of you probably watched with much love, gratitude and sadness the funeral services today for President Hinckley. I cried almost the entire time. I sent the following email to many of my friends and family, both in and out of the church, because I thought that it was such a touching tribute to a man of such profound worth. I hope that each of you will take a chance to watch this with your families and be grateful for the people in your life that inspire you to be better. Please pass it on.

Dear friends:

I am sending this to many of my friends, some who are members of my faith and some who are not. For those of you who do not know, the President of my church, Gordon B. Hinckley passed away last Sunday. His funeral services were today. I watched with immense sadness the services on KBYU- TV and cried almost the entire time, grateful for what this good man had accomplished in his 97 years here on earth. There is a television commentator of some fame. His name is Glenn Beck. He has a talk show on CNN Headline News. He is a convert to the LDS Church and the other night on his program he gave a short tribute to President Hinckley, acknowledging in his own life how one man had lifted and inspired him to be someone better. It is incredibly touching, not something you see often on TV. I am passing this on to all of you, hoping that you will take just a moment to watch it and remember the importance of those that lift us up and inspire us to do better, to be better and to lift those around us to be better too.

Much love to all those who have lifted and inspired me to do the same.

Lydia

Click on:


http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/200/5127/

2 comments:

Goodale Family said...

Nice!!! I've been in Japan on business, so have not had a chance to watch the funeral. Michelle has DVR'd it for me, though, so I look forward to watching it when I get home!

Liz said...

Lydia - Thank you for sharing. Liz